Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What to do with a bucket of pears and a whole heap of wrinkly apples...

I was lucky enough to be given a brand new juicer not so long ago, and today I made very good use of it....there is plenty of things you could do with excess fruit but for a change I juiced them...After putting it all through the juicer I took all the scummy stuff off the top then put it on the stove and brought  it to the boil then turned it off, during this process a bit more scum comes to the top and the end result is lovely clear apple and pear juice, I also added the juice of 3 lemons to help the fruit from going brown, I have now bottled it and by rights it should last on the shelf but I am a little on the cautious side and keep it in the fridge...I am now keen to go get a bit more fruit to do more for the winter months...

No comments:

Post a Comment